- 185g butter, melted
- 6 eggwhites, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 500g fresh cherries, pitted
- 1. Preheat oven to moderately hot (200°C).
- 2. Grease 12 small rectangular pans or a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3 cup/80ml
- 3. Put butter, eggwhites, almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour in a
bowl; stir to combine. Divide mixture among the pans; sprinkle with the cherries.
Bake for about 25 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar,
NOTE: This recipe makes 12 friands and can be made two days ahead. Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.